Docker Mastery: Section 7 - Swarm intro & creating a 3-Node Swarm Cluster
Tags: swarm, udemy-docker
Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
Containers Everywhere = New Problems
- How do we automate container lifecycle ?
- How can we easily scale out/in/up/down ?
- How can we ensure our containers are re-created if they fail ?
- How can we replace containers without downtime (blue/green deploy) ?
- Hoe can we control/track where containers get started ?
- How can we create cross-node virtual networks ?
- How can we ensure only trusted servers run our containers ?
- Hoe can we store secrets, keys, passwords and get them to the right container (and only that container) ?
Swarm Mode: Built-In Orchestration
- Swarm Mode is a clustering solution built inside Docker
- Not related to Swarm “classid” for pre-1.12 versions
- Added in 1.12 (Summer 2016) via Swarmkit toolkit
- Enhanced in 1.13 (January 2017) via Stacks and Secrets
- Not enabled by default, new commands once enabled
Swarm Mode Deep Dive